It is a plugin pack in OFX format developed to be a help in postproduction task. As its name says it tries to mimic effects produced by the perception from either human based, camera or photographic film.
They are separated in three packages that can being purchased independantly or in a full bundle just for the price of two of them.
· Realcamera, a camera simulation system with effects as color response curves measured over real life films, vignetting, chromatic aberration or silver retention (“bleachbypass”). You’ll be able to change radically the look of your footage in a fast and easy way.
· RealDeep implements an old trick used by Matisse and Picasso to generate depth feeling using the object boundaries. Also it can be used to generate atmospheric effects as haze that increments the volumetric sensation over the image.
· RealTonemap is used to simulate the luminic adaptation in a way you can control the camera exposure using simply controls or in a automatic way, instantly or with a delay (as human eye does).
· RealDefocus blurs the image in a realistic way with bokeh shapes.
· RealEdges detects and fixes problematic edges from a 3d render system, bringing more natural images for the viewer.
· RealStereo generates stereoscopic images from a single render and its depth pass (z-depth). This effect can produce a large variety of output modes like side-by-side for tv/screens 3d, vertical/horizontal/checker interlaced, as well as several anaglyph modes including our novel “Coherent Perception”, that tries to maximize the color perception while it preserves the luma transmission and avoids the retinal rivalry producing more pleasant images to be seen and minimizes the eyestrain. Some examples can be seen in our “stereo 3d” gallery.
· RealStereoCombiner is used to generate the same output modes from a stereoscopic image pair.
· RealMove fakes movements from a single frame and its “z-depth”.
It refers a standard format defined by the Open Effects Association founded by Assimilate, Autodesk, Digieffects, FilmLight, The Foundry, Genarts y RE:Vision FX. This format is supported by some applications as: Eyeon Fusion, TheFoundry Nuke, Autodesk Toxic/Composite, Assimilate Scratch, Sony Vegas…