modo script error [fixed]

Moderators: Alejandro, Victor.Feliz

Re: modo script error

Postby Alejandro » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:46 pm

I think that is all related. If the scene isn't reverted, all the changes done in the first run remain present and are the origin of the problem. Please try this new version: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=75

Regards
Alejandro
Motiva Team

Postby rodney71 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm

I will try the new scripts. One confusing point, however, is that there is a new file called colimo_export.py in the new file download. Is this supposed to replace the file Modo2Colimo.py or sit in the scripts folder alongside the other? the new config file seems to call on the Modo2Colimo.py script so it seems that it is still needed?

I'd be happy to troubleshoot this with you and even share my screen with you on this if it would help identify the problem. with the number of configs and scripts in your setup process it can be confusing to identify where the problem is.

Thanks
rodney71
Betatest Group

Postby Alejandro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:47 am

Oops, you are right :oops:

I forgot to rename the script in the zip file. Please download again or rename it to "Modo2colimo.py"

This version should fix all problems with saving and scene revert, but if you have any trouble, please contact.

Regards
Alejandro
Motiva Team

Postby rodney71 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:46 pm

I haven't quite been able to put my finger on the problem here. tried all sorts of variations. Sometimes the texture files don't seem to get written properly and other times they do. When they don't save the texture files properly then Colimo crashes when loading the .clm file. It seems if I select a few modo material groups and the environment material then Colimo fails to launch after export. If I select only material groups OR the environment material then the export is successful.

also, if I delete the exported .clm file and the subfolders of exported textures in order to rerun the script again, the script will run through the renders but won't save the render passes to the folders as it did initially. After the initial running of the script it seems to refuse to create the subfolders and save the render passes as textures a second time if they are deleted.
rodney71
Betatest Group

Postby Alejandro » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:10 pm

I can't catch the problem. I've sent a PM with a new script forcing directory creation to override any problem, but can't find any problem with mixed masks/environment selections. Could you send a scene to test?. Also, if you want, we can contact by skype, gtalk or any other method to make the process faster.

Regards
Alejandro
Motiva Team

Re: modo script error [fixed]

Postby angleblue63 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:04 am

The clm file looks right at first view. Please upload the layers to test it with colimo.
angleblue63

Previous

Return to Bugs Reports